Marketing and Social Media Associate
Grove Atlantic is seeking a Marketing and Social Media Associate to develop and execute marketing campaigns and to oversee the development, implementation, and management of Grove Atlantic’s social media. The Associate will report to the Marketing Director and will work across all Grove Atlantic titles assisting with website development, author support, and influencer outreach with the goals of book discovery and awareness, driving book sales, and audience growth.
This is a highly collaborative role with the ideal person being motivated to work in an exciting and unique independent publisher environment to connect with a diverse audience, take initiative to develop exciting content, and stay up to date on emerging trends and opportunities.
This role will have an annual salary of $60,000.
• Contribute to the planning and execution of marketing plans for frontlist titles, utilizing insights and analytics to inform strategy.
• Work with the marketing department to reach new audiences via email marketing and strategic partnerships, including planning social and newsletter campaigns with Literary Hub and CrimeReads.
• Manage Grove Atlantic’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok, curating and creating compelling content related to our books, authors, and the literary community.
• Collaborate with colleagues to develop long-tail social media campaigns, calendars, and company-wide initiatives for the frontlist and backlist.
• Maintain website, updating covers, praise, and author pages, and coordinate with publicity and editorial departments to develop original content.
• Manage social media outreach with a focus on developing long-term influencer relationships.
• Understanding of marketing and advertising strategies with eye for creative approaches to achieving goals.
• Enthusiasm for the wide range of titles Grove publishes including thrillers, literary fiction, non-fiction and memoir, and works in translation.
• Some experience in digital marketing and social media strategy.
• Proven understanding of managing a brand’s social media feeds with a clear grasp of consumer habits.
• Fluency in social media measurement tools and analytics
Skills and Experience:
• 3+ years of experience in marketing and/or social media, preferably in book publishing
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of WordPress, with an understanding of basic html a plus
• Design (Photoshop) and photography experience highly preferred
• Ability to strategize, implement content, and drive results in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, or other conditions protected by law.
How to Apply:
Please email PDFs of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Full Name: Marketing and Social Media Associate. No phone calls, please.
Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave, as well as health and dental coverage. Applicants must have the ability to work in the United States.
Grove Atlantic, Inc. is a mid-sized trade book publisher consisting of four imprints, Grove Press, Atlantic Monthly Press, Black Cat and Roxane Gay Books. We publish literary fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, and translations. We look for applicants who have a passion for books, are high-energy, take initiative, possess strong communication skills, and work effectively with others. We are committed to making publishing an increasingly inclusive and equitable industry and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, races, ethnicities, gender and sexual identities, and disability statuses.
Grove Atlantic, Inc. is a medium-sized trade book publisher consisting of four imprints, Grove Press, Atlantic Monthly Press, Black Cat and Roxane Gay Books. We publish literary fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, and translations.
We are pleased to offer internships to aspiring publishing professionals who wish to learn more about the industry and explore an area of interest in either editorial, subsidiary rights, or sales, marketing, and publicity. Internships are organized on a seasonal basis as outlined below. Internship openings with up-to-date requirements and deadlines will be posted 2-3 months prior to the listed start date. However, candidates are welcome to submit their resume and cover letter at any time throughout the year, and their application will be kept on file for the next internship recruitment cycle.
• Fall: September—December*
• Winter: January—May
• Summer: May—August
We look for people who have a passion for books, are high-energy, take initiative, possess strong communication skills, and work effectively with others. We are committed to making publishing an increasingly inclusive and equitable industry and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, races, ethnicities, gender and sexual identities, and disability statuses. We particularly invite those who have not yet had traditional publishing experience to apply. To apply for an internship, please send your resume and cover letter detailing your interests to email@example.com with the relevant department name and season in the subject line.
*Please note that we will not be hiring a Fall 2023 editorial intern