theMystery.doc by Matthew McIntosh
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest begins on 12:00 am March 2, 2018, and ends on 11:59 pm on May 2, 2018.
- To Enter. To enter simply write your personal response to the book theMystery.doc by Matthew McIntosh in 2000 words or fewer and send your response to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, email address and phone number. Limit one entry per person. Entrants may also mail their entry to Grove Atlantic at the address set forth for it in paragraph 9, below. All entries must be received prior to the time and date of the end of the Contest.
- Selection of the Winners. Grove Atlantic will select three people with publishing experience to read and judge the entries. The winning entries will be selected for originality, literary merit, for how vividly they reflect the entrant’s personal reaction to theMystery.doc and for interest to other readers of the book. Entries shall be judged on their originality and creativity. The decision of the judges will be announced on or before June 30, 2018. The judges’ decision is final. Each winner will be notified by phone, email or mail. If a winner cannot be contacted within 30 days, if the prize is returned or refused, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules and requirements by the person selected as the winner, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries. Odds of winning will depend on the quality of the entries and the number of eligible entries received. A purchase of any kind from Grove Atlantic or from any third party will not improve the odds of winning.
- The Prizes. First Prize: $1,000. Second Prize: $500. Third Prize: $250. Ten “runners-up” prizes will also be awarded. The First Prize, Second Prize and Third Prize winners, as well as each of the ten runners-up, shall receive a limited edition numbered copy of theMystery.doc signed by the author, Matthew McIntosh. Approximate value of each runners-up prize is $35. The book will be shipped to each winner and runner-up’s address in the United States at Grove Atlantic’s expense via UPS Ground. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes and fees that may apply.
- Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of the United States, including Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and U.S. Military Installations, excluding Florida, who are age 18 or older. The Contest is not open to persons living in foreign countries or where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Grove Atlantic and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, members of their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouses) and persons living in the same household of such persons (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win a prize.
- Publication of Winning Entries. By accepting any of the prizes, including the runner-up prizes, a winner consents to online or print publiction of his or her entry by Grove Atlantic and its licensees and to the publication of his or her name and city of residence in connection with the publication of his or entry and for other related promotional purposes without further consideration or payment.
- General. By entering, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Grove Atlantic, and its advertising and promotion agencies, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death that may occur in connection with or participation in the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Grove Atlantic is not responsible if a prize cannot be awarded due to shipping delays, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, terrorism or other acts of force majeure. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this promotion in any way shall be disqualified and, if such entrant won a prize, the prize shall be forfeited. The prize is non-transferable and the runner-up prizes are not redeemable for cash. A winner may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, which must be returned to Grove Atlantic within 10 days from the date it was sent or another winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries, unless prohibited by law. Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Miscellaneous. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. In case of a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the entry will be declared to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. In the case of unavailability of any or all aspects of the prize, Grove Atlantic reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Grove Atlantic reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest should a virus, computer bug, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. Grove Atlantic reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website.
- Mailings and Privacy. Names, email and physical addresses of entrants may be added to Grove Atlantic’s regular mail and email mailing lists.
- Sponsor: Grove Atlantic, Inc., 154 West 14th St., New York, NY 10011.